Saturday, August 29, 2015

Better Know a Bridge - Tukey's Bridge

Bridge number 3088, otherwise known at Tukey's Bridge. The current bridge connecting the Munjoy Hill and East Deering neighborhoods has been in service since 1960. According to the Maine Memory Network, the first bridge in this spot dates to 1796 and was named after tavern owner and toll-collector Lemuel Tukey.  

Tukey's Bridge number 3088 in Portland, Maine USA over Back Cove connecting Munjoy Hill and East Deering. August 2015. Photo by Corey Templeton.